Today’s Weekly Update is a day early because I’m headed to mother child camp at the beach. You read that right – it’s a summer camp for adults and kids. So I’ll be making lanyards and friendship bracelets and kayaking and hiking. If you need anything from ELGL over the next week, you can contact Kent or Ben.
- New members alert! We added 29 new members to the ELGL family.
- We profiled Stephen Hawryluk from the city of Winson-Salem, North Carolina.
- We profiled one of our #ELGL16 sponsors – GovHR USA!
- And, we shared so many job postings this week, including the UNC job list, the Silverton, OR city manager recruitment, the Clackamas County job list, the Plano, TX job list, a chance to work with the amazing Heather Drennan in Wake County, NC, the chance to work with the incredible Kylie Bayer-Fetterter at THPRD, and the chance to work with this guy named Ben in Guilford County, NC.
Communicate (ELGL.org Content):
- Will Doerfer kicked off our new series “My Life in Presidential Terms.“
- Brian Elms talked to us about the Denver Peak Academy.
- We hosted a webinar on how local government can use Snapchat as a communications tool!
- Another “What Would You Do” member question was posted.
- The Local Gov “Kit & Caboodle” survey was launched.
- We shared our upcoming presentation for the CPBB.
- Here’s information on an upcoming ICMA webinar.
- A bonus podcast on the NIU MPA program.
- This week’s GovLove podcast featured “What Works Cities.”
Questions? Comments? Drop me a note and let me know how ELGL can best serve you!